Creating coupons & managing discounts and offers
Vacation Labs online booking system allows you to create coupons to give discounts and promotional offers to your customers booking on your website. The coupons can then be shared on your website or intimated to your customers via any other medium. The customers will then have to enter the coupon code to avail the discount.
So lets go ahead and see how to create coupons.
- Go to “Promotions” and click on “+ New Discount” to create a coupon
- Choose : Discount with Single Coupon Code
- Provide a name for the Coupon. This name is internal use only and will not be displayed to the consumers
- The basic details of the coupon are specified in “What’s the noise?” section.
- ‘Use coupon code’ – Here you add the coupon code that the customer will use to avail discount. Keep it simple and meaningful. For example SAVE20
- ‘to get a discount of’ – Use this to add how much of a discount and the kind of discount you want to give. From the dropdown in this field you can choose to give ‘percent’ discount on total booking amount or monetary discount based on per booking or per participant.
- All the constraints are in “What’s the catch?” section.
- Coupons can be set at trip level or across all trips by the operator.
- We offer you flexibility to offer coupons for early bird offers, bulk booking offers, offers related to booking made in particular time period, made for a particular time period and made for some specific days of the week. This flexibility helps the tour operator drive traffic in typically lax time periods by giving additional discounts.
- When multiple coupons are created with the same code their priority is decided by the group priority option.
NOTE: The constraints are optional. You need not add all, but only the ones you wish to.
- After you have added the required fields click on “Save” at the end.
- But still this coupon is not activated for use. To activate it, click on “Inactive coupon” in the top right corner and from the dropdown click on “Activate this coupon” to activate it. You can also choose to delete a coupon from the same dropdown by clicking on “Delete this coupon”.
Customer tags for Coupons and Discounts
A Customer Tag is used to classify or organize your customers into groups for example: Premium members, Frequent buyers, Trekkers etc. Tagging customers helps you in creating discount coupons so that you don't lose your frequent customers and offer ...
Adding customers to the database without creating a booking
A customer database in Vacation Labs back-office is a central location wherein you can find any customer's details who has made a booking. Having a customer database helps you in offering discounts to a group of shopper, grouping them and making a ...
Creating a Passenger Form with Extra Booking Fields
While the default booking form allows your customers to provide their contact details(Name, Email, Phone), you can attach additional Passenger Form to each trip and ask additional information from each passenger. Please follow the steps below to ...
Creating a Booking Form with Extra booking fields
While the default booking form allows your customers to provide their contact details(Name, Email, Phone), you can attach additional Booking Form to each trip and ask additional information from your customers. Edit the product and go to the ...
Calendar: Opening/ Closing dates and managing them
Open dates/open for booking and Closed dates/closed for bookings are the 2 terminologies that are used in the Vacation Labs booking system in relation to dates available for booking or not. The Calendar section allows you to open your tour to accept ...