Creating and managing collections
Collections help you categorize your products on the website and eventually they help your customers explore your products and find easily what they are looking for. In order to create a collection, take the steps shown below:
- Login to your Vacation Labs account and go to PRODUCTS > COLLECTIONS
To create anew collection, click on the button +NEW COLLECTION
- Start by giving the collection a name, adding a brief description about it and uploading a banner image:
- The products in a collection can be displayed in any one of the 2 formats:
- Tour Card Listing:
- Here the products are visible in the form of cards also called as Tour Cards. To know more about the Tour card styles and designs please check our support article on website themes
- If a collection is configured in the tour card listing format then all the products will be visible whether they are available for booking or not. To know more about managing availability of tours checkout our support articles on Calendar management
- If a tour is Inactive or Unlisted it will be not visible to your customers when they land on the collection page.
- Date Based Table:
- Here the products are visible in the order of latest upcoming departures, split by month.
- If you have added 10 products in the collection, and only 2 of them have open/available dates, the collection will show the departures of only those 2 products.
- Unlisted or Inactive products will not be publicly visible on the collection.
- Products in the collection: You can add trips to a collection by clicking in the empty field and scrolling through the list or typing in the name of the product you wish to add in the collection.
- Make sure you configure a default sorting order of products. Its mandatory to have products sorted in a specific order before the products in the collection are published
- As you scroll down you can add more content on the collection page which will be visible below the list of tours.
- Enabling Search and filtering within the collection.
- Search Engine listing preview allows you to update the Meta Title, description and URL slug of the collection page.
- Facebook Share preview allows you to modify the Title, Description and Image of the post that would be displayed in the form of a snippet, when the URL is shared on the social media platforms
Creating your first trip
The first step to set up a tour is to decide whether it is a short tour, class or certification course, multi day tour or you need custom fields. We have built in type specific features and terminology which will help you customize the tour to your ...
How to add Collections in collection cards carousel?
To add collections in Collection card carousel follow the below steps, Login into Vacation Labs Click on Website Click on Pages Select the page on which the collection need to be added in Collection Card Carousel Click on Collection Card Click on ...
Accessing and Managing Search Settings
Your Vacation Labs Pro Website Builder subscription gives you the capability to create unlimited pages on your website. To help your customers search for trips easily from the homepage, you can add a search bar on the homepage. Through the search ...
Managing Tour Page Sidebar
The sidebar on the Tour Page allows you to display sections like TripAdvisor widget, Awards, Affiliations & Press Coverage, Other Tours, Other Collections. This helps the website visitor to know more about your Reviews, Awards and Press coverage, ...
Creating Custom Search Filters
Users aren’t used to having to manually search through hundreds of tours listed to find what they want. When they are ready to book a tour, they know exactly what they want. Why not help your visitors out and help them find what they’re looking for ...