How to install a new SSL certificate?
Please follow the following steps to install SSL certificate files for your website on your Vacation Labs admin panel:
SSL certificate files:
- You can purchase SSL certificates from any 3rd party platform like Godaddy, Name.com, Comodo etc.
- Once you have purchased the SSL certificate you will need 2 very important things:
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- Unique Key
Note: If you have renewed your previous SSL certificate and installing the new files then use
the same KEY file that was used the last time. If you have purchased a
completely new SSL certificate then keep the KEY files saved because they will be
used the next time when the installation has to be done again.
- To generate a CSR and Unique Key file check out our support article: How to generate CSR and Unique Key.
- Once you have purchased the SSL certificate you will have to go through a standard Domain Verification process required by the above mentioned SSL providers. (Check their support documents to know more about Domain verification)
- Once you get the SSL certificate (.zip file), Unzip and place the contents in a folder.
- Now, login to app.vacationlabs.com, go to Website Settings-> General, scroll down till you find Domain Settings.
- Click on "Configure a custom domain (CNAME) for your website".
- A pop will now open, under Enable HTTPS, click Yes -recommended.
- Click Choose Files to upload the SSL certificate files and the Key File together.
Note: All the contents of SSL certificate along with the KEY file should
be uploaded at once, if you try uploading 1 file at a time then you will get an
- Click Save after uploading.
- Note: If you face any error while accessing the storefront such as "This site is insecure", it's because the SSL certificate hasn't been updated on our servers. It will take around 35-40 minutes to get updated.
To check whether you SSL certificate is Valid after waiting for the above said time, please do follow the steps.
- Go to your website e.g. www.vacationlabs.com and check on the Address bar.
- When the site is secured it will show a Lock Symbol if you click on it will show the secured connection.
How to generate CSR and Unique Key for a SSL certificate
Please follow these steps to generate CSR and Unique Key for a SSL certificate: Go to the URL: https://csrgenerator.com/ Country: Type in the first 2 letters of your country's ISO CODE. For example: India's ISO Code is IND, so you will you will have ...
How to create Custom HTML sections for Trip Pages?
Please follow these steps to add new section to your trip/product page: Go to SETTINGS > TRIP CUSTOM FORM > click on ADD NEW FIELD Choose the field type as CUSTOM HTML. Provide the name that you want to visible to the customer and save. Give a name ...
How to edit/add testimonials?
To Edit Testimonials please follow the below steps, Login into Vacation labs Click on Website Click on Pages Select the page on which the testimonial needs to be added/edited Click on Testimonial Click on the Name of the testimonial to edit Edit the ...
Checking Disk Usage
With this new feature, now, you will be able to check the amount of Files Space Usage and also the Database Tables Space Usage. Database Tables Space Usage: Displays the database usage for your account. Files Space Usage: Displays the file space ...
How to enable Pre-Trip email/SMS for a tour?
Pre-trip email/SMS can be sent out to send out special instructions or reminders to your customers before the trip begins. A Pre-Trip email is inactive by-default and has to be manually enabled/setup for each trip. To setup a Pre-Trip email follow ...